microsoft.public.excel.programming

RE: Macro to Pull Data from Seperate Workbooks

Martin Fishlock

12/19/2006 1:11:00 AM

Dave

This should do the job you need to modify the selection criteria and the get
data lines.

Sub getdata()
' directory where the data is with the trailing \
Const cszDir As String = "C:\data\"
' prefix for the file name
Const cszFilePrefix As String = "file"
' extension for the file name
Const cszFileExtension As String = ".xls"

Dim wsd As Worksheet
Dim wbc As Workbook
Dim lRowDst As Long
Dim szFileCur As String
Dim szDir As String

Set wsd = ActiveSheet
lRowDst = 2
szFileCur = Dir(cszDir & cszFilePrefix & _
"*" & cszFileExtension)
Do While szFileCur <> ""
Set wbc = Workbooks.Open(szFileCur, , True)
'get data >>>
wsd.Cells(lRowDst, 1) = wbc.Worksheets(1).Range("A1")
wsd.Cells(lRowDst, 2) = wbc.Worksheets(1).Range("C1")
wsd.Cells(lRowDst, 3) = wbc.Worksheets(1).Range("D1")
'....
wbc.Close False
szFileCur = Dir
lRowDst = lRowDst + 1