microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lookup on a sheet so that every time when file open it copes data from another file sheet

colleen1980@gmail.com

12/18/2006 10:01:00 PM

Hi: Can any one please tell me how to i create a lookup in one sheet so
that every time when file1 is open it goes into file2 and copy the
values from the sheet of file2.

Thanks.

1 Answer

John Smith

Use formula like this in file1

=[file2.xls]Sheet1!C4 (replace file2, sheet1, and C4 with
appropriate workbook name, sheet name, and cell.)