microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA Copy Info from Excel Sheet Displayed in IE

White Horse

12/18/2006 8:14:00 PM

My machine has Windows XP SP2, Excel 2003, and IE6.

On an Excel worksheet, I have a hyperlink to a query existing in a
third party payroll program. I can "click" the hyperlink and run this
query from VBA with no problem. The result is an Excel spreadsheet
displayed in IE.

I need to copy (using VBA - "Selection.CurrentRegion.Select") the data
displayed in the IE window back to the workbook containing the VBA.
This would be my preferred way.

I tried "My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types", selecting
"xls", then Advanced and removing the check from "Browse in Same
Window". However, I was prompted for two or three security issues, and
the resulting file was in a new instance of Excel. This is not my
preferred way since I don't know how to program between the two
instances to get the results back to the workbook containing the code.
I also may not be able to change other users' settings.

Nothing I've seen posted in the groups completely addresses this,
although some have come close.

Thanks,
Mike