comp.lang.python

google token

Thufir Hawat

3/20/2010 9:17:00 AM

I'd like to acquire a token, as below, but from Java:

def get_token(self,force=False) :
'''Return a tokey. A token is a special string that is used like
a session identification, but that expire rather quickly.'''
if ( force or (self._token == None) ) :
feedurl = CONST.URI_PREFIXE_API + CONST.API_TOKEN + '?
client=' + CONST.AGENT
# print feedurl
self._token = self._web.get(feedurl)
return self._token

http://pyrfeed.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lib/GoogleReader...

Basically, that's just a GET on a particular URL, and the returned string
is saved as _token?

thanks,

Thufir

3 Answers

Steven D'Aprano

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:17:14 +0000, Thufir wrote:

> I'd like to acquire a token, as below, but from Java:

Perhaps you should be asking a Java discussion group? This group is for
discussing Python.

--
Steven

Thufir Hawat

On Mar 20, 3:12 am, Steven D'Aprano <st...@REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:17:14 +0000, Thufir wrote:
> > I'd like to acquire a token, as below, but from Java:
>
> Perhaps you should be asking a Java discussion group? This group is for
> discussing Python.
>
> --
> Steven

What I meant to ask is, how is that token being acquired? Is that
just a GET?

thanks,

Thufir

Rami Chowdhury