microsoft.public.excel.programming

Combobox Dropdown method

james.billy

12/18/2006 9:59:00 AM

All,

I have a combo box on a worksheet, which is made visible if a
particular cell is selected, I added the dropdown method to display the
combo box with the list automatically visible should someone select
that cell, the only problem is that if the user clicks on another cell
without selecting some thing from the combobox the list doesn't go
away. I have some code that makes the combobox invisible again but
cannot find a method to close the list. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers in advance,

James

2 Answers

Bob Phillips

Can we see the code? what sort of combo, forms or control toolbox?

--
---
HTH

Bob

<james.billy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have a combo box on a worksheet, which is made visible if a
> particular cell is selected, I added the dropdown method to display the
> combo box with the list automatically visible should someone select
> that cell, the only problem is that if the user clicks on another cell
> without selecting some thing from the combobox the list doesn't go
> away. I have some code that makes the combobox invisible again but
> cannot find a method to close the list. Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Cheers in advance,
>
> James

james.billy

Its from the control toolbox, the code is run from the worksheet
selection change event, basically its to replace the in cell validation
that I was using, the reason I went down this route was that the sheet
is zoomed to about 70% and at this level the validation is barealy
ledgible. The code is:

ActiveSheet.CellMenu.Top = ActiveCell.Top + 18
ActiveSheet.CellMenu.Left = ActiveCell.Left
ActiveSheet.CellMenu.Visible = True
ActiveSheet.CellMenu.DropDown
ActiveSheet.CellMenu.ListIndex = -1

Then if the user clicks on another cell then I just make the combobox
inivisible but the dropdown doesn't go away as the user hasn't clicked
anything. The CellMenu is just a comob box that has an onclick event
that puts the value of the combobox in the activecell.

Cheers,

James