microsoft.public.excel.programming

Date format Problem Macro

joecrabtree

12/18/2006 9:17:00 AM

To all,

I have date and time data in two seperate columns in a worksheet called
' ImportedRawData '. In column A is the date and in Column B is the
time:

17/10/2006 23:10:12

I want to be able to sum the two columns and have put the answer in
Column A of sheet 'ImportedDataEdit'. I can do this if I have two
numbers, but I seem to get a type mismatch error as soon as I start
using dates. I want the final format to be displayed as a custom number
format of

dd.mm.yyyy.hr.min.secs

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Joseph Crabtree

1 Answer

paul.robinson

Hi
Works for me if I put the date and time in two columns (A1 and B1 say)
and the formula
=A1+B1
in column C.
Check that the date is formatted as a date and the time as a time. You
might also need to edit the custom format you get in column C (my Excel
dropped the seconds). Just go into Format, Cells...and edit the custom
format as required.
regards
Paul