microsoft.public.excel.programming

About function BAHTTEX

Akash

12/18/2006 6:08:00 AM

Hi,this is regarding the function BATHTTEX.. I know that this fuctionconverts the number into word. ie5000 = Five Thousandbut when ever i use this i get the out as???????????????I dont know what to do.Pkls help.Akash
4 Answers

NickHK

Akash,
That's why it's called BAHTTTEXT, it outputs the amount in Thai, ie. in the
Thai currency of Baht.
Now why MS decided to provide such a function in Thai it anyone's guess,
although I did read that it was related to paying the bill at the
programmers' favourite Thai restaurant...

NickHK

"Akash" <maheshwari.akash@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> this is regarding the function BATHTTEX.. I know that this fuction
> converts the number into word. ie
>
> 5000 = Five Thousand
>
> but when ever i use this i get the out as
> ???????????????
>
> I dont know what to do.
>
> Pkls help.
>
> Akash

Akash

Dear Nick

Pls do help me by giving the proper resolution to this....

Regards

Akash

On Dec 18, 12:01 pm, "NickHK" <TungChe...@Invalid.com> wrote:
> Akash,
> That's why it's called BAHTTTEXT, it outputs the amount in Thai, ie. in the
> Thai currency of Baht.
> Now why MS decided to provide such a function in Thai it anyone's guess,
> although I did read that it was related to paying the bill at the
> programmers' favourite Thai restaurant...
>
> NickHK
>
> "Akash" <maheshwari.ak...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1166422089.129691.6140@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi,
>
> > this is regarding the function BATHTTEX.. I know that this fuction
> > converts the number into word. ie
>
> > 5000 = Five Thousand
>
> > but when ever i use this i get the out as
> > ???????????????
>
> > I dont know what to do.
>
> > Pkls help.
>
> > Akash

NickHK

That is the resolution - it outputs a number in Thai. Read the help.

> Dear Nick
>
> Pls do help me by giving the proper resolution to this....
>
> Regards
>
> Akash
>
> On Dec 18, 12:01 pm, "NickHK" <TungChe...@Invalid.com> wrote:
> > Akash,
> > That's why it's called BAHTTTEXT, it outputs the amount in Thai, ie. in
the
> > Thai currency of Baht.
> > Now why MS decided to provide such a function in Thai it anyone's guess,
> > although I did read that it was related to paying the bill at the
> > programmers' favourite Thai restaurant...
> >
> > NickHK
> >
> > "Akash" <maheshwari.ak...@gmail.com> wrote in
messagenews:1166422089.129691.6140@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

> > > Hi,
> >
> > > this is regarding the function BATHTTEX.. I know that this fuction
> > > converts the number into word. ie
> >
> > > 5000 = Five Thousand
> >
> > > but when ever i use this i get the out as
> >
> > > I dont know what to do.
> >
> > > Pkls help.
> >
> > > Akash

NickHK

If you mean you want to spell out numbers as words, then take your pick from
:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Excel+number+to+words&btnG=Google+Search...

or limit the search to the language of your choice.