microsoft.public.excel.programming

How to check Excel worksheet contents before routing?

kobeting

12/18/2006 3:05:00 AM

Dear All,

Recently, my company uses Excel routing function to share documents. Some
users want to check their Excel worksheet contents before route the Excel
files to other. i.e. When he press "Route" button to route the Excel file,
Excel will check some specific cell contents, if missing cell content, Excel
is banned to route; otherwise, it routes to outside.

Can I use Excel VBA to do this? I can't find any Event is about Excel
routing.

Thanks
1 Answer

Jim Cone

You would probably want to use an Excel add-in.
It would have to be installed on each user's machine that wanted the "check" feature.
Excel has VBA routing capability. See...
RoutingSlip object and Recipients method in VBA help..

You could have the add-in replace the routing menu item
with your own and assign the add-in code to it.
That code could check the sheet and if OK, do the routing otherwise
display a message.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA