microsoft.public.excel.programming

paste excel text into a comment box

Bonnie

12/17/2006 8:03:00 PM

I have data in a few rows and columns, I would like to copy those rows and
columns (approximately 6 total) and paste this information into a comment.
Is this possible?
3 Answers

cathellisuk

Bonnie wrote:
> I have data in a few rows and columns, I would like to copy those rows and
> columns (approximately 6 total) and paste this information into a comment.
> Is this possible?

If you want to do it with VBA code then you need something like this

Dim myText As String

myText = Range("a1") & Range("a2") & Range("a3")
Range("b1").Select
Range("b1").AddComment
Range("b1").Comment.Visible = False
Range("b1").Comment.Text Text:=myText

If you look up "Comment Object" in the VBA help there are some more
examples there.

If you only want to cut and paste and don't want a macro then I suggest
you pick a seventh cell to contain a Concatenate formula which
combines the content of your six cells. Then select that seventh cell.
That will display the combined text in the formula bar. In the formula
bar select all the combined text and copy it to the clip board. You can
now paste this text into the comment of a cell.

Catherine

JLGWhiz

six what total? columns? rows? cells?

"Bonnie" wrote:

> I have data in a few rows and columns, I would like to copy those rows and
> columns (approximately 6 total) and paste this information into a comment.
> Is this possible?

Bonnie

3 columns 2 rows; data like this:

a b c
d e f

I would like to copy all 6 cells and paste this information into a comment.

thank you.