microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rename Sheet Goofyness

ShoX

12/17/2006 6:26:00 PM

Ok, when doing something like this:

Sub OrderSheets()

For i = 5 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(i).Name = ("Temp" & i)
Next i

For i = 5 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(i).Name = (i - 4)
Next i

End Sub

All the cells in a worksheet that get data from ='1'!H3 get the formula
changed to '3'!H3 <<< if you moved sheet 1 to the sheet 3
position.... How do I make it not auto update the formulas?

I hope you can make sence of what I just asked... my brain is kinda
flubbed today :)

Chuck

2 Answers

JMB

Try
=INDIRECT("1!H3")

"Scoobywan" wrote:

> Ok, when doing something like this:

> Sub OrderSheets()
>
> For i = 5 To Worksheets.Count
> Worksheets(i).Name = ("Temp" & i)
> Next i
>
> For i = 5 To Worksheets.Count
> Worksheets(i).Name = (i - 4)
> Next i
>
> End Sub

> All the cells in a worksheet that get data from ='1'!H3 get the formula
> changed to '3'!H3 <<< if you moved sheet 1 to the sheet 3
> position.... How do I make it not auto update the formulas?
>
> I hope you can make sence of what I just asked... my brain is kinda
> flubbed today :)
>
> Chuck

ShoX

Thank you very much, that does exacly what I needed.

Chuck