microsoft.public.excel.programming

Getting and setting all printer driver features supported using VBA

steveblack2006

12/17/2006 1:28:00 PM

Hi

I am trying to print from within Excel to a thermal transfer barcode
printer. Is there a way I can pro grammatically determine all the
options that the printer driver provide and set them using VBA.

My workbook container many sheets and all of them prints to normal
laster printer. Only one sheet need to print to this particular barcode
printer. The printer has some particular label sizes (not standard A4,
A3, Legal types) and I need to set that using VBA.

So in essence I need to figure out the label/paper sizes supported in
the printer driver. Can anyone help me?

I ready around a bit..but I could not find anything that would list ALL
available options of a printer driver..or at least paper/label sizes
supported by that printer.

Thanks in advance

2 Answers

ilia

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnaraccessdev/html/ODC_MicrosoftOfficeDeveloperForumControllingYourPrinterinMicrosoft...

steveblack2006@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to print from within Excel to a thermal transfer barcode
> printer. Is there a way I can pro grammatically determine all the
> options that the printer driver provide and set them using VBA.
>
> My workbook container many sheets and all of them prints to normal
> laster printer. Only one sheet need to print to this particular barcode
> printer. The printer has some particular label sizes (not standard A4,
> A3, Legal types) and I need to set that using VBA.
>
> So in essence I need to figure out the label/paper sizes supported in
> the printer driver. Can anyone help me?
>
> I ready around a bit..but I could not find anything that would list ALL
> available options of a printer driver..or at least paper/label sizes
> supported by that printer.
>
> Thanks in advance

steveblack2006

ilia...Thanks a lot...that look like what I was looking for...it is a
bit dense for a relative newbie like me...but I guess it is worth the
time learning it..