Scott Lindner

I have a collection object and it seems limited to 256 items.
How is it possible to increase this limit ?

thanks a lot,

Al.
6 Answers

Peter T

> Hi,
>
> I have a collection object and it seems limited to 256 items.
> How is it possible to increase this limit ?

Sub test()
Dim i As Long
Dim col As Collection

Set col = New Collection
For i = 1 To 20000
col.Add i, CStr(i)
Next

MsgBox col("20000")

End Sub

Is there something special about your particular collection

Regards,
Peter T

Scott Lindner

It's a simple collection with 21000 records...nothing special

Peter T wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a collection object and it seems limited to 256 items.
>> How is it possible to increase this limit ?
>

> Sub test()
> Dim i As Long
> Dim col As Collection
>
> Set col = New Collection
> For i = 1 To 20000
> col.Add i, CStr(i)
> Next
>
> MsgBox col("20000")
>
> End Sub
>
> Is there something special about your particular collection
>
> Regards,
> Peter T

Richard Schollar

Alain

How are you creating your collection? Can you post the code you have?

Richard

--== Alain ==-- wrote:
> It's a simple collection with 21000 records...nothing special
>
> Peter T wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a collection object and it seems limited to 256 items.
> >> How is it possible to increase this limit ?
> >

> > Sub test()
> > Dim i As Long
> > Dim col As Collection
> >
> > Set col = New Collection
> > For i = 1 To 20000
> > col.Add i, CStr(i)
> > Next
> >
> > MsgBox col("20000")
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > Is there something special about your particular collection
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peter T

JLGWhiz

I am beginning to wonder if Alain is a real person or a virus.

"RichardSchollar" wrote:

> Alain
>
> How are you creating your collection? Can you post the code you have?
>
> Richard
>

> --== Alain ==-- wrote:
> > It's a simple collection with 21000 records...nothing special

> > > Sub test()
> > > Dim i As Long
> > > Dim col As Collection
> > >
> > > Set col = New Collection
> > > For i = 1 To 20000
> > > col.Add i, CStr(i)
> > > Next
> > >
> > > MsgBox col("20000")
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > Is there something special about your particular collection
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Peter T

Scott Lindner

Sorry but i'm not a virus !

JLGWhiz wrote:
> I am beginning to wonder if Alain is a real person or a virus.
>
> "RichardSchollar" wrote:
>
>> Alain
>>
>> How are you creating your collection? Can you post the code you have?
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> --== Alain ==-- wrote:
>>> It's a simple collection with 21000 records...nothing special

jeff.j.griffith

It's not the collection that's limited, but the Watch window. I've
added well more than 256 items to collections, only to be tricked by
what displays in the watch window.