ddw_23

12/15/2006 1:50:00 PM

Hi to all! I am new at programming/writing macros in Excel. I have a
spreadsheet imported from Access (Dept, Division, Status, Payment). I
know how to sub-total for each division.
I need to do the following:

1. Find certain text in a Status column and format background to grey,
bold text, & center text. (ex if cell = "abc" then format as such)
2.For each dept, calc total (of all division's sub-total)
3. For each Status (only 2) calc total and percentage.
4. Grand total of all Depts, Status w/percentage at end of report.
I can manually do this; however, this is a quarterly report that I'd
like to automate as much as possible...that's where my request for
programming help comes in.

I am familiar with conditional formatting and sub-total feature. What I
actually want to do is simplify the process by putting it in a
code/macro where I would just have to press 2/3 keys and it will peform
as much of the formatting as possible, then whatever I need to manually
do, I can. This is just one out of MANY, MANY reports I must generate
monthly, quarterly, etc. (MANY REPORTS!!!) So I'm looking at ways to
streamline the process.

Will someone please help me? HEARTFELT THANKS to all who will assist!!!!

1 Answer

Shrini

Hi !

Point No 1.

Open the file you want.
Go to Format> Conditional Formating > enter data as following

Cell Value is >>>>> Equal to >>>>"abc"
The press format button. Dowhat ever you want & say ok.
For applying this formating to No of Cells, Select Copy format from
menu bar & apply to the cells you want.
Hope this is clear.

For Rest of the points,

Activate Form toolbar, Select a Command button, it will pop a window.
Give some macro Name, select where you want to save this macro
(preferably in the same workbook or personal macro book) then press
record. a small window will now appear. Let it be open. Do what ever
calculations you want to do as you have described. Press "Stop
Reording" button on the small window once you are done. Save work
book. Delete all the calculations you have done & try pressing the
button to check if the macro works.

Check & Confirm