microsoft.public.excel.programming

if selection from drop down menu = X, then...

Calvin.Lai

12/14/2006 11:26:00 PM

My "A" column is the network. Each cell in that column has the same
drop-down menu: NetworkA, NetworkB, etc.

My "B" column is the server name.

What I want is:

If NetworkB is selected for "A1", "B1" will have drop-down menu of list
of servers on NetworkB only.

If NetworkE is selected for "A2", "B2" will have drop-down menu of list
of servers on NetworkE only.

and so on...

How do I go about doing that?

1 Answer

marcus

Hi Calvin

This should do the trick.

On sheet2, in column A put 'NetworkA' in A1 and 'NetworkB in A2, then
Range
name A1:A2 'List'

In column B, put your Server Names, Server1, Server2, Server3( B1:B3)
and
range name these NetworkA - must be the same as the name in A1.
In column C do the same for NetworkB server names and range name these
NetworkB

Now on sheet 1, say in A1, set DataValidate for List with the souce as

=List

in the next cell to the right, B1 , data validate with List, but set
the source to =Indirect(A1)

Marcus