microsoft.public.excel.programming

Re: Selecting Activecell in hidden sheet

Don Guillett

12/14/2006 9:13:00 PM

Why do you need to SELECT it when referring to it will probably do

sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2").copy
or
msgbox sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2")
or
sheets("destinationsheet").range("a2")=sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2")*4

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"BOBODD" <BOBODD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway of setting the activecell address on a hidden sheet
> without
> unhiding the sheet?

2 Answers

BOBODD

Much of my code was originally written to make use of Activecell.offset
commands, so I need to be able to set the activecell address at the start of
the sub.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Why do you need to SELECT it when referring to it will probably do
>
> sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2").copy
> or
> msgbox sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2")
> or
> sheets("destinationsheet").range("a2")=sheets("hiddensheet").range("a2")*4
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "BOBODD" <BOBODD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anyway of setting the activecell address on a hidden sheet
> > without
> > unhiding the sheet?

Don Guillett

No you don't