comp.lang.python

python to exe

Robin

3/13/2010 3:26:00 AM

Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?

Thanks,
-Robin
24 Answers

Gabriel Genellina

On 13 mar, 00:26, Robin <rob...@cnsp.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?

http://tinyurl.c...

Chris Rebert

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Robin <robin1@cnsp.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?

py2exe:
http://www.p...

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.re...

John Bokma

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2@yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> On 13 mar, 00:26, Robin <rob...@cnsp.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?
>
> http://tinyurl.c...

Wow, pathetic fuck. You don't have to post you know.

--
John Bokma j3b

Hacking & Hiking in Mexico - http://john...
http://castle... - Perl & Python Development

Chris Rebert

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 8:42 PM, robin <robin1@cnsp.com> wrote:
> On 3/12/2010 9:12 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Robin<robin1@cnsp.com>  wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?
>>>
>> py2exe:
>> http://www.p...
>
> do you  of an alternate compilter it doesn't work (py2exe) on my windows 7
> box, I hate windows7 THanks Robin

Nope; py2exe is pretty much the go-to tool for this.
Try asking on their mailinglist:

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.re...

Steven D'Aprano

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:26:34 -0600, John Bokma wrote:

> Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2@yahoo.com.ar> writes:
>
>> On 13 mar, 00:26, Robin <rob...@cnsp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.c...
>
> Wow, pathetic fuck. You don't have to post you know.

Gabriel is one of the more helpful and newbie-friendly of the frequent
posters on this newsgroup. Even if his actions were worthy of your abuse
(and they aren't), he gets at least one Get Out Of Jail Free card for his
long-term helpfulness.

Speaking as somebody who finds Let Me Google That For You to be tiresome
and not at all amusing, nevertheless I support Gabriel's actions. By
merely giving Robin the answer, Robin doesn't learn how to find out the
answer to simple questions himself, and by rewarding his laziness, we
make a rod for our own back.

As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.

I'm an old-fashioned kind of guy, and don't like LMGTFY because it is
tiresome and requires Javascript. I prefer:

Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=python+stan...

Oh, and Robin, since you have apparently already tried py2exe and found
it doesn't work on Windows 7, you should have said so from the start,
instead of wasting everyone's time.

--
Steven

Gib Bogle

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
> Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.

I like this version:

Light a man a fire, and you keep him warm for hours. Set a man on fire, and you
keep him warm for the rest of his life.

;-)

Alf P. Steinbach

* Gib Bogle:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a
>> day. Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.
>
> I like this version:
>
> Light a man a fire, and you keep him warm for hours. Set a man on fire,
> and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
>
> ;-)

Hey! I was going to post that! And there it was, in the next article... :-)

Cheers,

- Alf

Mark Lawrence

Gib Bogle wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a
>> day. Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.
>
> I like this version:
>
> Light a man a fire, and you keep him warm for hours. Set a man on fire,
> and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
>
> ;-)

I'm certain that members of the Guinea Pig Club might have something to
say on that one, see :-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guine...

Steve Holden

John Bokma wrote:
> Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2@yahoo.com.ar> writes:
>
>> On 13 mar, 00:26, Robin <rob...@cnsp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a good python to stand alone exe compiler?
>> http://ti......
>
> Wow, pathetic fuck. You don't have to post you know.

And you don't have to give Google a second chance at indexing the URL,
but we all make mistakes.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pyco...

Steve Holden

Gib Bogle wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> As the old proverb goes: give a man a fish, and you feed him for a
>> day. Teach him how to fish, and he has food forever.
>
> I like this version:
>
> Light a man a fire, and you keep him warm for hours. Set a man on fire,
> and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
>
> ;-)

I like "Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish
and he will bore you with stories of the one that got away for the rest
of his life".

regards
Steve