comp.lang.python

Python eCommerce, small webshop

Alexander Kapps

3/13/2010 1:03:00 AM

Hello everybody!

I have to set up a small webshop for used books, CDs, DVD, and stuff
and did't find anything realy usefull on google.

I'm pretty skilled with Python and would strongly prefer a Python
based Shop but all I've found are in early stage, unmaintained or
too limited.

I've looked around and found many PHP based shops (currently I'm
playing with OpenCart but their code is so messy, I don't think this
is going to work) and some Ruby based ones (I don't know Ruby at all)

I there really no decent, up-to-date, activily maintained and post
beta stage Python webshop?

What I need is:

- full german support (ie. translation, shipping models, payment
models, etc)
- secure (code, SQL, full SSL, etc)
- themable without getting into all gory details of modern HTML/CSS
(a bit is OK)
- customizable by people with good Python and basic SQL knowledge
- finally (after being setup) usable by people without any
programming skills at all.

Thanks for any tips.

Regards
Alex