comp.lang.python

Python for newbies (Pythno users group in Macedonia

?????? ???????????

3/12/2010 7:21:00 PM

Hi all,
we are starting with bi-monthly Python User Group meetings in Skopje,
Macedonia. The meetings are targeted for both beginners and more
experienced users.

The basic idea is to have an 1 hour presentation at the start for the
beginners and an 1 hour ad-hoc discussion about projects, applications,
interesting stuff etc.

I'd like to gather some guidance/experince/thoughts about some beginner
oriented python lectures we could use?

My first idea was to do something like the "Python module of the Week",
but maybe there's a better approach?

thanks

--
damjan
5 Answers

Steve Holden

Ð?амÑ?ан Ð?еоÑ?гиевски wrote:
> Hi all,
> we are starting with bi-monthly Python User Group meetings in Skopje,
> Macedonia. The meetings are targeted for both beginners and more
> experienced users.
>
> The basic idea is to have an 1 hour presentation at the start for the
> beginners and an 1 hour ad-hoc discussion about projects, applications,
> interesting stuff etc.
>
> I'd like to gather some guidance/experince/thoughts about some beginner
> oriented python lectures we could use?
>
> My first idea was to do something like the "Python module of the Week",
> but maybe there's a better approach?
>
> thanks

If you are all English-speakers then perhaps you could consider showing
a PyCon video - see

http://pyc...

Good luck with the group. I hope to see PyCon Macedonia emerging before
too long!

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pyc.../

Mike C. Fletcher

Ð?амÑ?ан Ð?еоÑ?гиевски wrote:
> Hi all,
> we are starting with bi-monthly Python User Group meetings in Skopje,
> Macedonia. The meetings are targeted for both beginners and more
> experienced users.

http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/...

HTH,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrp...
http://blog.vrp...

?????? ???????????

> If you are all English-speakers then perhaps you could consider
> showing a PyCon video - see
>
> http://pyc...

That's certainly something I'm considering for the more advanced users

> Good luck with the group. I hope to see PyCon Macedonia emerging
> before too long!

Thanks :)
I guess we'd have to wait a decade or so for a PyCon here

--
damjan

?????? ???????????

>> we are starting with bi-monthly Python User Group meetings in Skopje,
>> Macedonia. The meetings are targeted for both beginners and more
>> experienced users.

> http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/...

Great resource, exactly what I needed.

So, they use this book http://www.greenteapress.com/th... as a
guide, seems like a good choice.

I also learned about the tutor mail list:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/list...

--
damjan

Steve Holden

Ð?амÑ?ан Ð?еоÑ?гиевски wrote:
>> If you are all English-speakers then perhaps you could consider
>> showing a PyCon video - see
>>
>> http://pyc...
>
> That's certainly something I'm considering for the more advanced users
>
>> Good luck with the group. I hope to see PyCon Macedonia emerging
>> before too long!
>
> Thanks :)
> I guess we'd have to wait a decade or so for a PyCon here

You might be surprised. Python is really taking off right now.

regards
Steve