comp.lang.python

importing modules from subdirs

Alex Hall

3/11/2010 5:52:00 PM

Hi all,
The manual says, for modules in a project stored in subdirectories, you can do:
import folderName.module

I have a couple questions, though:
1. Do I then have to call functions from module like
folder.module.function, or can I still use the normal module.function?

2. When I try to do this, it fails. I have an sw folder. Inside that I
have a modes folder, holding weather.pyw. Main.pyw, back in the sw
folder, is trying to import modes.weather, but nothing happens. I have
tried putting weather.pyw in its own weather folder under the modes
folder, but that also fails. I have placed an empty __init__.py file
in both the modes folder and the weather subfolder, but I cannot get
main.pyw to import weather!

3. How does weather import from a folder above or beside it? For
example, if a config directory is at the same level as the modes
directory, how can weather import something from config?

Thanks!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)