NickHK

12/14/2006 3:16:00 AM

Gary,
My Excel help has given up at the moment, so I can't tell if there is
something built-in, but these UDFs work :

Public Function CodeUnicode(argIn As Variant) As Long
CodeUnicode = AscW(argIn)
End Function

Public Function CharUnicode(argIn As Long) As String
CharUnicode = ChrW(argIn)
End Function

NickHK

"Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have a character in a cell, say a in cell A1, then
> =CODE(A1) will give me the code for this character, in this case 97.
>
> What can give me the "code" for a unicode character? (between 1 and 65536)
> --
> Gary's Student

1 Answer

Gary''s Student