comp.lang.python

Re: Text mining in Python

Jason Tackaberry

3/10/2010 7:32:00 PM

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 19:58 +0100, mk wrote:
> I need to do the following:
[...]
> Is there some good open source engine out there that would be suitable
> to the task at hand? Anybody has experience with them?

It sounds like a full text search engine might do a bit more than you
need, but based on what you described, should also be sufficient.

I highly recommend Xapian (xapian.org). It has feature-complete Python
bindings, it's very well designed, and its performance is fantastic.
Xapian supports stemmers for most major languages (except for Asian
languages, unfortunately).

Cheers,
Jason.