microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to website, fill in blocks from Excel

J.W. Aldridge

12/13/2006 10:05:00 PM

I need help. I have a website in which i need to write a code which
will allow me to acces the site, fill in the information using specific
blocks in an Excel worksheet.

I have seen many partial codes however, I need understanding more than
the asnwer.
As an example, could someone write a code that does the following:

* pull up google
* chooses the sign in option
* goes to the sign in page and places in an email address (from block
b2 on excel spreadsheet)
* tabs down and places a password in (from block b3)
* activates the submit button

Maybe if I see the code to do this, I could figure my way out on
another site.

Could it be so simple?

1 Answer

NickHK

Look to making a hyperlink, whose URL is the website with the username and
password concatenated. Maybe something like ;
www.google.com?user=You;PW=Whatever

Depends on the site how this is handled and if will work.

Otherwise, look into the HTML of the page and see which mechanism is used.

NickHK