comp.lang.python

Are there in Python some static web site generating tools like webgen, nanoc or webby in Ruby ?

Stéphane Klein

Today, I've show this static web site generating tools writed in ruby :

* http://webgen.rubyforge.org/...
* http://nanoc.stoneship....
* http://webby.rubyforge.org...

I like this tools, I'm wonder if there are similar tools in Python ?

I know Sphinx, but this tools is oriented documentation.

Thanks for your information,
Stephane

1 Answer

John Nagle

The HTMLTemplate module is useful for static web page generation.
It doesn't do much. It's not a "content management system".
If you just need to generate a page with some data items filled in, it's fine.
If you need more than that, there are bigger packages, but they have more
baggage.

John Nagle