comp.lang.python

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.2 release candidate

Benjamin Peterson

3/6/2010 10:14:00 PM

On behalf of the Python development team, I'm pleased to announce a release
candidate for the second bugfix release of the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.2.

This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.1. This release
candidate has been released to solicit testing and feedback over an possible
regressions from 3.1.1. Please consider testing it with your library or
application and reporting an bugs you encounter. This will help make the final
3.1.2 release, planned in 2 weeks time, all the more stable.

The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of
the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O
system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode
strings now handle paths with undecodable bytes in them. Other features include
an ordered dictionary implementation, a condensed syntax for nested with
statements, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of
changes in 3.1, see http://doc.python.org/3.1/whatsne... or Misc/NEWS in
the Python distribution.

To download Python 3.1.2rc1 visit:

http://www.python.org/download/relea...

A list of changes in 3.1.2rc1 can be found here:

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r312rc1...

The 3.1 documentation can be found at:

http://docs.pyth...

Bugs can always be reported to:

http://bugs....

Enjoy!

--
Benjamin Peterson
Release Manager
benjamin at python.org
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.1.2's contributors)
1 Answer

Mensanator

On Mar 6, 4:13 pm, Benjamin Peterson <benja...@python.org> wrote:
> On behalf of the Python development team, I'm pleased to announce a release
> candidate for the second bugfix release of the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.2.
>
> This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.1.  This release
> candidate has been released to solicit testing and feedback over an possible
> regressions from 3.1.1.  Please consider testing it with your library or
> application and reporting an bugs you encounter.  This will help make the final
> 3.1.2 release, planned in 2 weeks time, all the more stable.
>
> The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of
> the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced.  For example, the new I/O
> system has been rewritten in C for speed.  File system APIs that use unicode
> strings now handle paths with undecodable bytes in them. Other features include
> an ordered dictionary implementation, a condensed syntax for nested with
> statements, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter.  For a more extensive list of
> changes in 3.1, seehttp://doc.python.org/3.1/whatsnew/... Misc/NEWS in
> the Python distribution.
>
> To download Python 3.1.2rc1 visit:
>
>      http://www.python.org/download/relea...
>
> A list of changes in 3.1.2rc1 can be found here:
>
>      http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r312rc1...
>
> The 3.1 documentation can be found at:
>
>      http://docs.pyth...
>
> Bugs can always be reported to:
>
>      http://bugs....

Hey, it finally let me register. Turned out the e-mail
to confirm registry was getting marked Spam. I pulled it
out of the Spam box and completed the registration.

Of course, the reason I needed to register is because
IDLE will *still* not end a process properly in Windows.

see issue 8093