comp.lang.python

Re: How to login https sever with inputing account name and password?

Steve Holden

3/4/2010 4:32:00 PM

Karen Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use python to access to https server, like
> â??https://212.218.229.10/chinate...
>
> If open it from IE, will see the pop-up login windows like this
>
> I tried several ways but always only get page forâ? HTTP Error 401.2 â??
> Unauthorized� error. ( myusername and mypassword are all correct)
>
> Below is my code:
>
> import urllib2
>
> values = {
>
> 'user' : "myusername",
>
> â??pass' : "mypassword" }
>
> data = urllib2.urlencode(values)
>
> t = urllib2.urlopen('https://212.218.229.10/chinatest/...)
>
> print t.read()
>
> where I am wrong ?

Read the HTTP standard. The authentication data has to be send as HTTP
headers, not as the data to a POST request. The dialog box you see is
the browser attempting to collect the data it needs to put in the header.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010 http://us....