comp.lang.python

process mp3 file

asit

3/3/2010 8:33:00 AM

Somebody suggest me a python library for processing mp3 file. Here I
don't want to play the file.

Thank you
4 Answers

Chris Rebert

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:33 AM, asit <lipun4u@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somebody suggest me a python library for processing mp3 file.  Here I
> don't want to play the file.

Define "processing".

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.re...

asit

> Define "processing".

getting the title, song name, etc of the file and updating in a
database

Chris Rebert

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:43 AM, asit <lipun4u@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Define "processing".
>
> getting the title, song name, etc of the file and updating in a
> database

You'd want an ID3 tag library then. Here's one:

http://eyed3.n...

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.re...

vanam

On Mar 3, 3:43 pm, asit <lipu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Define "processing".
>
> getting the title, song name, etc of the file and updating in a
> database

Other possibility can be passing out the extension of the file and
directory where
the files are present, using os.walk we can extract the file name by
filtering the .mp3 extension.