microsoft.public.excel.programming

RE: Type change in a declared Variable?

Martin Fishlock

12/13/2006 1:30:00 AM

RjS:

It appears that you are picking up some none numeric data and the program is
thinking that it is text and treating it as text.

The best solution is to convert wsSRC.Cells(i, 13).Value to a single using
cSng(wsSRC.Cells(i, 13).Value).

Also as an aside it is always better to explicitly declare variables with
types so that you pick up the errors when running. In this case vba may
covert the number to a single if lCreditSum as dimed as

dim lCreditSum as single

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock