microsoft.public.excel.programming

List Problem--Please Help!

Frank_Horbelt

12/12/2006 5:31:00 PM

Okay, so I have a list of about sixty items (we'll say they are flavors
of ice cream). Each one is just a single flavor (apple, cherry,
cinamon, etc.) Is there a way for me to take this list and have excel
create (not calculate) the maximum number of combinations of those
individual items, assuming that I don't want more than three flavors
total? With the three flavors I mentioned, the output would be
something like:

apple
apple cherry
apple cinamon
apple cherry cinamon
cherry
cherry cinamon
cinamon

Notice there are no duplicates, but it provides all possible variations
with up to three flavors.

How would I do this? Thanks in advance for your input.