microsoft.public.excel.programming

Send email when Condition met?

R Doornbosch

12/12/2006 3:19:00 PM

Is it possible to send an email when a bunch of conditions are met? Can I do
this using some email hyperlink or is it best done in VBA?

2 Answers

R Doornbosch

Just trying to brain storm here. So any thoughts would be great.

The user has an excel workbook that needs the invoice # entered within 90
days. So he wants to test the relevant cells at 60 days and if the invoice #
has not been entered send an email to the relevant party. I'm trying to
determine if it would be best to just have the code run when the workbook is
opened or if it should be tied to the time of day and run at 8am each
morning? If it was tied to the time is there a way to prevent code from
having to run every couple seconds to do a time compare? Is there a better
way to do this?

"Jim Thomlinson" <James_Thomlinson@owfg-Re-Move-This-.com> wrote in message
>I would be inclined to do this via VBA... Take a look at Ron's site to see
> how to Email...
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/se...
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "HotRod" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to send an email when a bunch of conditions are met? Can I
>> do
>> this using some email hyperlink or is it best done in VBA?

Jim Thomlinson

Depends what exactly you are up to... I normally am inclined to give the user
a degree of control over the process. When the spreadsheet is opened alert
them that a number of e-mails need to be sent and allow the user the ability
to review the transactions before each e-mail is sent. But of course that
depends on the nature of the e-mails and the purpose of the e-mails... the
other possibility is to allow for an automatic or manual mode. In automatic
mode the emails are sent at a specified time. In manual mode the e-mails are
only sent when the spreadsheet is opened by the user... Lots of choices
here...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson