KC VBA Qns

Can anyone help?

I always get True for ActiveWindow.DisplayOutline regardless if I
really have an outline or not. Has this to do with my Excel being 2002?

I need to determine if the sheet has an outline so as to collapse to
the appropriate level.

Rgds,

5 Answers

Dave Peterson

I think that's the equivalent of checking
Tools|options|view tab|outline symbols

Maybe you could use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim myRow As Range
Dim IsOutLineUsed As Boolean

IsOutLineUsed = False
For Each myRow In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows
If myRow.OutlineLevel > 1 Then
IsOutLineUsed = True
Exit For
End If
Next myRow

MsgBox IsOutLineUsed

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson

KC VBA Qns

Thanks, Dave.

Somehow my Excel 2002 does not come with this option:
Tools|options|view tab|outline symbols

I guess the equivalent is Ctrl-8. No?

Rgds,

Dave Peterson

Look again. You'll see Outline Symbols in the bottom section in the middle
column.

But that's for viewing those symbols to the left of the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

KC VBA Qns

Thanks again.

My eyes must have played a trick earlier on. I thought I checked a
couple of times before writing.

Rgds,

Dave Peterson

Welcome to the club!!!