microsoft.public.excel.programming

EXcel Functions in VBA

Tony McGee

12/12/2006 5:01:00 AM

I have written an addin which amongst other things has some custom functions
available for general use (under the User Defined Category) once the addin
is installed.

However, I also have some functions I would only like available for use by
my VBA code. Is there any way I can make these functions "publically
available" to all of my code, but NOT appearing in the Excel Insert Function
list.

Thanks
Tony McGee

5 Answers

NickHK

Tony,
Does Option Private Module do what you need ?

NickHK

"Tony McGee" <tonym@priority1.com.au> wrote in message
> I have written an addin which amongst other things has some custom
functions
> available for general use (under the User Defined Category) once the addin
> is installed.
>
> However, I also have some functions I would only like available for use by
> my VBA code. Is there any way I can make these functions "publically
> available" to all of my code, but NOT appearing in the Excel Insert
Function
> list.
>
> Thanks
> Tony McGee

Bob Phillips

To add to Nick's response, you would put those functions in a separate
module, you wouldn't want to Option Private to apply to the other truly
Public functions.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"NickHK" <TungCheWah@Invalid.com> wrote in message
> Tony,
> Does Option Private Module do what you need ?
>
> NickHK
>
> "Tony McGee" <tonym@priority1.com.au> wrote in message
>> I have written an addin which amongst other things has some custom
> functions
>> available for general use (under the User Defined Category) once the
>> addin
>> is installed.
>>
>> However, I also have some functions I would only like available for use
>> by
>> my VBA code. Is there any way I can make these functions "publically
>> available" to all of my code, but NOT appearing in the Excel Insert
> Function
>> list.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tony McGee

PSL

Could u please help me on the following issue:

If I given item code in A1 as 123 then B1 should display as "PEN":

I need to execute the Item Name in a cell B1 when I enter the Item Code in A1.

Examples:
------------
If I given item code in A1 as 123 then B1 should display as "PEN"
If I given item code in A2 as 124 then B2 should display as "PAPER"

Like this I have 18 Item Code were there.

Please help on this.

Thank You,
PSL

NickHK

You should start a new thread, as this has nothing to do with the OP's
question.
Anyway, sounds like you need VLOOKUP.

NickHK

"PSL" <PSL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Could u please help me on the following issue:
>
> If I given item code in A1 as 123 then B1 should display as "PEN":
>
> I need to execute the Item Name in a cell B1 when I enter the Item Code in
A1.

> Examples:
> ------------
> If I given item code in A1 as 123 then B1 should display as "PEN"
> If I given item code in A2 as 124 then B2 should display as "PAPER"
>
> Like this I have 18 Item Code were there.
>
> Please help on this.
>
> Thank You,
> PSL

Bob Phillips