Dave Peterson

12/11/2006 5:16:00 PM

Edit|links|change source might be quicker.

The function you'd want to use that's built into excel is =indirect(). But that
function returns an error if the sending workbook is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell0...

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

--

Dave Peterson
1 Answer

RapidXLL_NET

Laurent's XLL addins are written in C++ and turned into worksheet
functions using Excel's C API.

This conversion can be automated with RapidXLL. RapidXLL_NET
automatically converts C/C++ headers into Excel Add-Ins and .NET
Libraries. This allows you to use the exact same code base within
workbook functions as you would use within any .NET GUI application (
be it written in C# or VBA.NET ).

Please visit http://www.Ra... for free code and samples.

Sincerely,
The RapidXLL Team