comp.lang.c

OT: To the poster known as "Angel"

gazelle

5/19/2011 10:50:00 PM

Believe it or not, it was entirely a coincidence that I went off on my
"Angels on pins" rant in a thread involving a poster going by the nym of
"Angel". Cute it was, but entirely accidental, I assure you.

I have been of the opinion for many months now that Kiki's postings generally
have all the knowledge advancing qualities of that famous debate within
that other fine font of knowledge, the Catholic Church. Today, in the
thread about bug free code, he seemed to be outdoing even himself in the art
of giving nonsensical (and "Duh...!") type answers.

--
Just for a change of pace, this sig is *not* an obscure reference to
comp.lang.c...

1 Answer

Angel

On 2011-05-19, Kenny McCormack <gazelle@shell.xmission.com> wrote:
> Believe it or not, it was entirely a coincidence that I went off on my
> "Angels on pins" rant in a thread involving a poster going by the nym of
> "Angel". Cute it was, but entirely accidental, I assure you.

It's okay, I took no offense. I thought it was funny the first time, but
it got old rather quick. And I'm a bit on a hair trigger when it comes
to spam, as I mostly hang out on news.admin.net-abuse.*, being an admin
myself.

> I have been of the opinion for many months now that Kiki's postings generally
> have all the knowledge advancing qualities of that famous debate within
> that other fine font of knowledge, the Catholic Church. Today, in the
> thread about bug free code, he seemed to be outdoing even himself in the art
> of giving nonsensical (and "Duh...!") type answers.

Well, that whole thread got kind of silly, with discussions on the most
compliant way to implement /bin/true. :-)

I have Asperger's syndrome, which may make me seem a bit blunt at times
as I tend to speak my thoughts with little or no subtlety, but I really
mean no offense.

- seen in comp.lang.c