comp.lang.c

PRIME BREAKTHROUGH OF THE MILLENNIUM: From pencil and paper to program and processor, traditional to high-technology: The fastest way to factor, list infinite composites, and isolated primes.

Geordie La Forge @ http://MeAmI.org

4/7/2011 10:18:00 AM

Consider a simple number theory approach: HOW TO LIST INFINITE
PRIMES:

"First, eliminate even numbers and any multiples of five. Then, except
for the first number, eliminate all the numbers to end in 1, 3, 5, 7,
or 9 mutiplied by numbers to end 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9. The rest of the
numbers are prime."

Imagine a notebook: (or a computer program of unbounded memory)

(x,y) axis
(0,0)
x------------------------------>

1 3 5 7 9

3 9 15 21 27

5 15 25 35 45

7 21 35 49 63

9 27 45 63 81

Infinitely many prime numbers will only appear on the left vertical or
top horizontal row and those we will be able to identify from their
absence from all numbers produced in the matrix and the count of
unique composite values generated in the table array.

What (odd) numbers from (1 to 81) are missing from the field array we
generated?
(exclude numbers to end in 5 when two-digits or more)
3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31 EXACTLY 10 PRIMES PRINTED

How many unique values are present in the array?
9, 15, 21, 25, 27, 35, 45, 49, 63, 81 EXACTLY 10 UNIQUE VALUES PRINTED

THERE IS A CORRESPONDING 1 TO 1 RATIO

THE NUMBER OF UNIQUE VALUES CALCULATED ALLOW YOU TO PRINT UP TO THE
SAME NUMBER OF PRIME TERMS.

Sincerely,

M. M. Musatov
2 Answers

On Apr 7, 3:17 am, Martin <marty.musa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Consider a simple number theory approach: HOW TO LIST INFINITE
> PRIMES:
>
> "First, eliminate even numbers and any multiples of five. Then, except
> for the first number, eliminate all the numbers to end in 1, 3, 5, 7,
> or 9 mutiplied by numbers to end 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9. The rest of the
> numbers are prime."
>
> Imagine a notebook: (or a computer program of unbounded memory)
>
>                       (x,y) axis
>               (0,0)
>           x------------------------------>
>
>           1      3      5      7      9
>
>           3      9     15    21    27
>
>           5    15     25    35    45
>
>           7    21     35    49    63
>
>           9    27     45    63    81
>
> Infinitely many prime numbers will only appear on the left vertical or
> top horizontal row and those we will be able to identify from their
> absence from all numbers produced in the matrix and the count of
> unique composite values generated in the table array.
>
> What (odd) numbers from (1 to 81) are missing from the field array we
> generated?
> (exclude numbers to end in 5 when two-digits or more)
> 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31  EXACTLY 10 PRIMES PRINTED
>
> How many unique values are present in the array?
> 9, 15, 21, 25, 27, 35, 45, 49, 63, 81 EXACTLY 10 UNIQUE VALUES PRINTED
>
> THERE IS A CORRESPONDING 1 TO 1 RATIO
>
> THE NUMBER OF UNIQUE VALUES CALCULATED ALLOW YOU TO PRINT UP TO THE
> SAME NUMBER OF PRIME TERMS.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> M. M. Musatov

Amazing, simply amazing work. Good job, Martin. I am copying the
sci.math.num-analysis group with my reply.

Geordie La Forge @ http://MeAmI.org

Affixed table:
[...]

PLEASE REPLY ONLY TO THIS VERSION OF THREAD FOR NEATNESS.