comp.lang.python

Six Minutes and fourty two seconds

Tobiah

2/26/2010 7:13:00 PM

Now that I use python, this is the amount of time
per day that I spend adding forgotten semicolons while
debugging other languages.
4 Answers

Matt Nordhoff

Tobiah wrote:
> Now that I use python, this is the amount of time
> per day that I spend adding forgotten semicolons while
> debugging other languages.

You can fix that by not using other languages. :>
--
Matt Nordhoff

mk

Tobiah wrote:
> Now that I use python, this is the amount of time
> per day that I spend adding forgotten semicolons while
> debugging other languages.

My objects are flat and I don't know who's Guido.

I blame it all on Python.

How about a PEP "Let's make Python look like PHP"?

Regards,
mk

Mark Lawrence

Tobiah wrote:
> Now that I use python, this is the amount of time
> per day that I spend adding forgotten semicolons while
> debugging other languages.

You think that's bad? I've spent hours today converting the J language
that I don't dare mention to Python. Once in a blue moon I came across
a line of code that actually did something. The rest of it was
boilerplate. I'm never ever going to sin again, because if I do, I will
be reincarnated as a J type, or worse still, I C(++) type.

Regards.

Mark Lawrence.

<duck>
No that's a swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
</duck>

Anthra Norell

Tobiah wrote:
> Now that I use python, this is the amount of time
> per day that I spend adding forgotten semicolons while
> debugging other languages.

What compels you to write Python code without semicolons?

Frederic