comp.lang.python

[ANN] python-daemon 1.5.3

Ben Finney

2/26/2010 12:46:00 PM

Howdy all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.5.3 of â??python-daemonâ??.

What is python-daemon
=====================

The â??python-daemonâ?? library is the reference implementation of PEP 3143
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep..., â??Standard daemon process
library�.

The latest version is always available via the library's PyPI page
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-d....

What's new in this version

Since version 1.5.2 the following significant improvements have been
made:

* The context manager for the â??pidfileâ?? option is now exited as per
<URL:http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#typecontextm....
Thanks to Ludvig Ericson for the bug report pointing out that the
correct arguments were not supplied.

--
\ â??I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know |
`\ what to feed it.â? â??Steven Wright |