comp.lang.c

Can anyone implement the pseudocode for the maximal rectangle problem ?

dan.ms.chaos

3/26/2011 11:48:00 AM

I feel very dumb for asking this , basically I don't understand the
algorithm ..... If I had working code , maybe I could step it on
examples until I get what it's doing .

http://drdobbs.com/database...
The full algorithm is in listing 4 .
1 Answer

Öö Tiib

On Mar 26, 1:47 pm, Dan <dan.ms.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel very dumb for asking this , basically I don't understand the
> algorithm ..... If I had working code , maybe I could step it on
> examples  until I get what it's doing .
>
> http://drdobbs.com/database...
> The full algorithm is in listing 4 .

Did you read the article? It is puzzle. Puzzles are for fun, article
is spoilers by Daveed.

If even spoilers are complex then do not jump into end and take
pseudocode of final solution. That way you will remain dumb even with
all spoilers in your hands. Take it step-by-step from start and if
needed implement all the algorithms from listings 1 to 4. When you
have some difficulty with C++ code of yours then you come ask here.