comp.lang.python

Re: When will Python go mainstream like Java?

Steve Holden

2/24/2010 2:02:00 PM

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Chris Rebert, 23.02.2010 06:45:
>> Indeed. Python is at position 7, just behind C#, in the TIOBE Index:
>> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/...
>
> That index is clearly flawed. A language like PHP (whatever that is
> supposed to be comparable with) can't possibly be on the rise, can it?

Interesting that you are willing to trust your gut feeling against an
established survey. All indexes are flawed, they are merely flawed in
different ways is all. I track TIOBE because it shows trends. Python's
absolute position on the list doesn't interest me so much.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010 http://us....