comp.lang.python

Re: When will Python go mainstream like Java?

mk

2/23/2010 2:52:00 PM

Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Chris Rebert, 23.02.2010 06:45:
>> Indeed. Python is at position 7, just behind C#, in the TIOBE Index:
>> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/...
>
> That index is clearly flawed. A language like PHP (whatever that is
> supposed to be comparable with) can't possibly be on the rise, can it?

Well it looks like it is at least stabilized:

http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/charts/permanent-demand-trend.aspx?s=ph...

I find job offers to be rather good index of the extent to which the
language is actually used, and this is what this index is based on
(percentage of job offers with the keyword "php" in them).

Regards,
mk