comp.lang.python

Re: When will Python go mainstream like Java?

Krister Svanlund

2/22/2010 11:28:00 PM

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM, AON LAZIO <aonlazio@gmail.com> wrote:
> That will be superb
>
> --
> Passion is my style

And when will <insert random band> be as famous as the beatles?
4 Answers

Phlip

On Feb 22, 3:27 pm, Krister Svanlund <krister.svanl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> And when will <insert random band> be as famous as the Beatles?

And when will <insert random non-schmaltzoid singer) be as famous as
Phil Collins?

Martin P. Hellwig

Actually I am still waiting for Java to be mainstream :-)
You could say it is popular, which it is without doubt but in my opinion
after C handed over it's pseudo de facto standard (mostly because a lot
of OS'es are written in it) nobody else has had enough momenta to reach
for that crown.

Actually I quite like the soup of languages these days, what amuses me
though, that Python seems to emerge as the de facto glue language to
bind them all :-)

--
mph

ssteinerX@gmail.com

On Feb 23, 2010, at 10:10 AM, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

> Actually I am still waiting for Java to be mainstream :-)
> You could say it is popular, which it is without doubt but in my opinion after C handed over it's pseudo de facto standard (mostly because a lot of OS'es are written in it) nobody else has had enough momenta to reach for that crown.
>
> Actually I quite like the soup of languages these days, what amuses me though, that Python seems to emerge as the de facto glue language to bind them all :-)

I'm sure there's a Tolkien 1-liner in there somewhere ;-).

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <hm0r5n$1ak$1@news.eternal-september.org>, Martin P. Hellwig
wrote:

> Actually I am still waiting for Java to be mainstream :-)

Too late, I think. Sun dilly-dallied over making it open source for too
long, until it practically didnâ??t matter any more.