comp.lang.python

Re: FW: MemoryError, can I use more?

Dennis Lee Bieber

2/15/2010 5:24:00 AM

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:19:07 -0500, "Echavarria Gregory, Maria Angelica"
<m.echavarriagregory@umiami.edu> declaimed the following in
gmane.comp.python.general:

> I use the physical and kernel memory boxes in the windows task manager under the performance tab... in that way I can see the exact RAM that just OS and idle processes occupy before I run my app, and then also the limit at which my app pushes the memory...

And what does the commit charge indicate at time of failure?

Commit charge "limit" is the sum of physical and swap file space.

At the current "moment" (barring changes as I type) my system is
showing:

Physical
2095196
15693xx
11707xx

Commit
1047472 (I've just finished a session with Sony Vegas 8 capturing a few
hours of HDV video; normally my system doesn't go over ~500MB unless I'm
doing video or photo editing)

Kernel
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/