Re: compiling ruby 1.8.1 (mingw

Christoph R.

11/10/2003 3:53:00 PM

KONTRA Gergely wrote:

> make install

I had similar problems when using the mingw+mysys environment.
For some reason the install process had trouble installing the extensions.
The problem goes away when I explicitly specified the install directory.
So I am wondering if

---
make install prefix=/d/programs/ruby-mingw
---

resolves your problem. Another thing to look at is that install process
might fail in creating the necessary directories in which case creating
them by hand might help.

/Christoph

1 Answer

KONTRA Gergely

On 1111, Christoph wrote:
> I had similar problems when using the mingw+mysys environment.
> For some reason the install process had trouble installing the extensions.
> The problem goes away when I explicitly specified the install directory.
> So I am wondering if
>
> ---
> make install prefix=/d/programs/ruby-mingw
> ---
>
> resolves your problem. Another thing to look at is that install process
> might fail in creating the necessary directories in which case creating
> them by hand might help.

Neither of them solves my problem ;-(
--
+-[ Kontra, Gergely<kgergely@mcl.hu> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+