Re: Segfault in Ruby/ODBC

Nathaniel Talbott

11/10/2003 1:49:00 PM

Hidetoshi NAGAI [mailto:nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp] wrote:

> From: "Nathaniel Talbott" <nathaniel@NOSPAMtalbott.ws>
> Subject: Segfault in Ruby/ODBC
> Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:08:25 +0900
> > My program is causing a segfault under load, and while I'm going to
> > dig in to figuring out why, I thought I'd go ahead and see
> if anyone
> > here could give me a hand. It appears that the Ruby/ODBC
> extension is
> > somehow behaving badly, and not being a C guy, I'd
> appreciate any help
> > you can give me.
>
> I don't know Ruby/ODBC, but I think that your trouble is similar
> to the trouble on Ruby/Tk with pthread-enabled Tck/Tk libraries.
> I worked to fix the Ruby/Tk problem last week, and added
> '--with-pthead-ext' to configure options. If your trouble depends
> on the same part of Ruby core, the option may help you.

Thanks for the reply! A few questions:

- How do I use the --with-pthread-ext configure option?
Do I pass it to extconf.rb for the extension? Or do I
need to enable it when I compile Ruby?

- Is this option available under 1.8.1-preview2? Or do
I need to use the most recent CVS?

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><