Re: Managing metadata about attribute types

Austin Ziegler

11/8/2003 5:36:00 AM

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 09:45:24 +0900, John W. Long wrote:
> If Strong Typing is an advantage how does it help experienced Ruby
> programmers? Do you find that it saves a significant amount of
> time? Does it help you catch errors you normally would not have
> known existed? Does it encourage the right programming habits? If
> it can be demonstrated that it does these things, perhaps it
> should be incorporated into the language.

I don't think most Ruby programmers use it, much less most
experienced Ruby programmers. I don't use it (and I don't consider
myself all *that* experienced with Ruby; just opinionated). I
haven't found a single place that I've needed it.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 23.39.16

29 Answers

Alias

On 02/22/2012 08:19 PM, Independent old cuss wrote:
> "Smart" northerners coming to Texas. What does that tell you? You
> dumbasses are staying put I see.

They're there to take advantage of the dumb Texans.

--
Alias

Islander

On 2/22/2012 11:00 AM, Independent old cuss wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:44:22 -0800, Islander<nospam@priracy.net>
> wrote:

>>> Now, that's funny! I lived in Texas for eight long years and I can
>>> positively state that the denizens there are some of the stupidest and
>>> least informed people outside Alabama and Mississippi.
>>>
>>> I suppose you hold George W. Bush up as one of the more intelligent ones?
>>>

>> Worse than that, Google "Popular New Ride at Texas State Fair"
>>
>> There must be something in the water down there...
>
> No, google unemployment rate. Google the number of yankee democrats
> moving to Texas. Google the number of businesses moving to Texas.
> Google the lowest taxes in the US., Google the number of democrats in
> government in Texas. Google the rate of growth of Texas GDP, google
> the price of gasoline, google oh never mind, just keep believing
> you're living the good life and stay out of Texas. Better yet, call
> all your dummycrat friends home. And while you're at it, take a look
> at how your money is adding to our riches via those gasoline prices.
> Live it up, suckers.
> ---

Funny thing, your unemployment rate is a little below average, but your
poverty rate is third worst in the nation, could be because your median
household income is significantly lower than most liberal states. Your
schools suck. Texas ranks pretty low on the NAEP, especially in
science, but for some reason you seem to find it necessary to have more
education administrators than most other states. Nearly 25% of your
population has no health insurance. Also about 25% of your children are
in poverty. You have more violent crime than most of the nation and are
near the top in property crime.

And, whatever happened to your deficit? Last I heard, you had a pretty
serious deficit in your current year budget.

We have quite a few Texas ex-pats living on the island and they seem to
be pretty happy to have put that hell-hole in their rear-view mirror!
Seems like most of your state was on fire last summer!

Evelyn

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:32:22 -0800, Islander <nospam@priracy.net>
wrote:

>On 2/22/2012 11:00 AM, Independent old cuss wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:44:22 -0800, Islander<nospam@priracy.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Worse than that, Google "Popular New Ride at Texas State Fair"
>>>
>>> There must be something in the water down there...
>>
>> No, google unemployment rate. Google the number of yankee democrats
>> moving to Texas. Google the number of businesses moving to Texas.
>> Google the lowest taxes in the US., Google the number of democrats in
>> government in Texas. Google the rate of growth of Texas GDP, google
>> the price of gasoline, google oh never mind, just keep believing
>> you're living the good life and stay out of Texas. Better yet, call
>> all your dummycrat friends home. And while you're at it, take a look
>> at how your money is adding to our riches via those gasoline prices.
>> Live it up, suckers.
>> ---
>
>Funny thing, your unemployment rate is a little below average, but your
>poverty rate is third worst in the nation, could be because your median
>household income is significantly lower than most liberal states. Your
>schools suck. Texas ranks pretty low on the NAEP, especially in
>science, but for some reason you seem to find it necessary to have more
>education administrators than most other states. Nearly 25% of your
>population has no health insurance. Also about 25% of your children are
>in poverty. You have more violent crime than most of the nation and are
>near the top in property crime.
>
>And, whatever happened to your deficit? Last I heard, you had a pretty
>serious deficit in your current year budget.
>
>We have quite a few Texas ex-pats living on the island and they seem to
>be pretty happy to have put that hell-hole in their rear-view mirror!
>Seems like most of your state was on fire last summer!

They have a drought that is unbelievable for the last couple of years.
Everything is so bone dry that even the rattlesnakes are coming around
the peoples yards in hopes of getting a sip of water from a swimming
pool.

What's more, that fool Perry was bragging about all the jobs he
created. Well it turns out that he simply hired hundreds of new
government employees. So much for job creation and small
government!!!!

Evelyn

maxwelton

On Feb 22, 12:26 pm, Independent old cuss <c...@exitin.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:51:11 -0500, Evelyn <evelyn.r...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:00:09 -0500, Gary <n...@none.com> wrote:

> >>How can a fellow with two oil wells on his farm not pay income tax :-)
>
> >Like most Texans, he scams the government.   Take note, Texas is one
> >of the states that takes more money from the government than they pay
> >in.
>
> >Evelyn
>
> It's a republican state. Republicans are smarter than democrats.

You have tooted your own horn about being smart
several times. I have worked around some very
very smart people. Smart people by nature are
quiet and modest. It is their work that makes
them that way.
It is other people that see them as smart.

rumpelstiltskin

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:32:22 -0800, Islander <nospam@priracy.net>
<snip>

>Funny thing, your unemployment rate is a little below average, but your
>poverty rate is third worst in the nation, could be because your median
>household income is significantly lower than most liberal states. Your
>schools suck. Texas ranks pretty low on the NAEP, especially in
>science, but for some reason you seem to find it necessary to have more
>education administrators than most other states. Nearly 25% of your
>population has no health insurance. Also about 25% of your children are
>in poverty. You have more violent crime than most of the nation and are
>near the top in property crime.

But the brilliant Dr. Sheldon Cooper is from Texas!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shel...

>And, whatever happened to your deficit? Last I heard, you had a pretty
>serious deficit in your current year budget.
>
>We have quite a few Texas ex-pats living on the island and they seem to
>be pretty happy to have put that hell-hole in their rear-view mirror!
>Seems like most of your state was on fire last summer!

normak

"Evelyn" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:26:44 -0600, Independent old cuss
> <cuss@exitin.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:51:11 -0500, Evelyn <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Like most Texans, he scams the government. Take note, Texas is one
>>>of the states that takes more money from the government than they pay
>>>in.
>>>
>>>Evelyn
>>
>>It's a republican state. Republicans are smarter than democrats.
>>---
>

> Actually, there was a study done. I posted the link here. Democrats
> are more intelligent than republicans. That's real, not just bull,
> like you post.
>
> Evelyn

How is "intelligence" determined in that _study_?? What an odd thing to
attempt.

Normak

Jigme Dorje

On Feb 22, 11:15 pm, "normak" <njk...@qREMOVETHIS.com> wrote:
> "Evelyn" <evelyn.r...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:26:44 -0600, Independent old cuss
> > <c...@exitin.com> wrote:

> >>It's a republican state. Republicans are smarter than democrats.
> >>---
>
> > Actually, there was a study done.  I posted the link here.  Democrats
> > are more intelligent than republicans.   That's real, not just bull,
> > like you post.
>
> > Evelyn
>
> How is "intelligence" determined  in that _study_??  What an odd thing to
> attempt.
>
> Normak

It starts with being on the ball enough to look it up for yourself.

Jigme Dorje

On Feb 22, 8:33 pm, maxwel...@my-deja.com wrote:
> On Feb 22, 12:26 pm, Independent old cuss <c...@exitin.com> wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:51:11 -0500, Evelyn <evelyn.r...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > >Like most Texans, he scams the government.   Take note, Texas is one
> > >of the states that takes more money from the government than they pay
> > >in.
>
> > >Evelyn
>
> > It's a republican state. Republicans are smarter than democrats.
>
> You have tooted your own horn about being smart
> several times. I have worked around some very
> very smart people. Smart people by nature are
> quiet and modest. It is their work that makes
> them that way.
> It is other people that see them as smart.

It's not about "being smart." Rather, it's about sub average
intelligence in bigots.

Evelyn

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:02:07 -0800, rumpelstiltskin
<rumpelstiltskin@x.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:32:22 -0800, Islander <nospam@priracy.net>
><snip>
>

>>Funny thing, your unemployment rate is a little below average, but your
>>poverty rate is third worst in the nation, could be because your median
>>household income is significantly lower than most liberal states. Your
>>schools suck. Texas ranks pretty low on the NAEP, especially in
>>science, but for some reason you seem to find it necessary to have more
>>education administrators than most other states. Nearly 25% of your
>>population has no health insurance. Also about 25% of your children are
>>in poverty. You have more violent crime than most of the nation and are
>>near the top in property crime.
>

> But the brilliant Dr. Sheldon Cooper is from Texas!
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shel...
>

>>And, whatever happened to your deficit? Last I heard, you had a pretty
>>serious deficit in your current year budget.
>>
>>We have quite a few Texas ex-pats living on the island and they seem to
>>be pretty happy to have put that hell-hole in their rear-view mirror!
>>Seems like most of your state was on fire last summer!

There are some absolutely brilliant people living in Texas. Cuss
isn't one of them. He's one of those old guard GOP crazies.

Evelyn

Evelyn

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:15:14 -0600, "normak" <njk239@qREMOVETHIS.com>
wrote:

>"Evelyn" <evelyn.ruut@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:26:44 -0600, Independent old cuss
>> <cuss@exitin.com> wrote:

>>>It's a republican state. Republicans are smarter than democrats.
>>>---
>>

>> Actually, there was a study done. I posted the link here. Democrats
>> are more intelligent than republicans. That's real, not just bull,
>> like you post.
>>
>> Evelyn
>
>How is "intelligence" determined in that _study_?? What an odd thing to
>attempt.
>
>Normak

Hi Norma,

The article was posted here and all over the place. It was reported
on the news and discussed everywhere.

Google is your friend.

Evelyn