Updating path in windows

Harry Ohlsen

11/6/2003 5:22:00 AM

I'm writing a simple install script for some software. The final thing I need to do is to add into the path the directory where the software has been written.

Using Win32::Registry, I can update what I think are the right registry entries (for either the user, or the system overall), but they don't seem to end up in the path if I open a new DOS window.

However, if I change the same variables via ControlPanel/System/Advanced/EnvironmentVariables things work OK. It seems as though that tool is doing something else over and above changing the registry.

I assume there must be some API call I need to make to get Windows to re-read the values from the registry?

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Harry O.