ruby dbi documentation

Daniel Bretoi

I have a problem locating any good documentation for ruby DBI.
all I can find on the sourceforge page is some specs and some examples.

I've found 'using the Ruby DBI Module' by Paul DuBois, with mor
edescriptions, but I still don't have a reference documentation for it.

Id appriciate some links.

db

--
A.D. 1844: Samuel Morse invents Morse code. Cryptography export
restrictions prevent the telegraph's use outside the U.S. and Canada.

2 Answers

Michael Neumann

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:34:53AM +0900, Daniel Bretoi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem locating any good documentation for ruby DBI.
> all I can find on the sourceforge page is some specs and some examples.
>
> I've found 'using the Ruby DBI Module' by Paul DuBois, with mor
> edescriptions, but I still don't have a reference documentation for it.
>
> Id appriciate some links.

I fear there's nothing else available, except chapter 3 of Ruby
Developers Guide. It contains all details plus some examples, but I am
not sure how much more complete it is compared to Paul's document.

The DBI spec should serve very well as a reference. Of course it does
not contain examples and does not explain anything (it's not intended
for beginners).

Regards,

Michael

Daniel Bretoi

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:03:00PM +0900, Michael Neumann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:34:53AM +0900, Daniel Bretoi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem locating any good documentation for ruby DBI.
> > all I can find on the sourceforge page is some specs and some examples.
> >
> > I've found 'using the Ruby DBI Module' by Paul DuBois, with mor
> > edescriptions, but I still don't have a reference documentation for it.
> >
> > Id appriciate some links.
>
> I fear there's nothing else available, except chapter 3 of Ruby
> Developers Guide. It contains all details plus some examples, but I am
> not sure how much more complete it is compared to Paul's document.
>
> The DBI spec should serve very well as a reference. Of course it does
> not contain examples and does not explain anything (it's not intended
> for beginners).

but it doesn't really go over the functions and what they do either,
which is what I really need. Nor is the code commented well enough to be
easily able to read what the stuff does.

db