64-bit Ruby on Solaris - solved

Berger, Daniel

11/3/2003 2:57:00 PM

All,

<snippage>

> gcc-3.3.2 has a number of fixes for the sparc platform
> Hugh

Indeed.

The solution ultimately seems to be: upgrade to gcc 3.3.2, because it
worked after I did that. In addition I set CC to 'gcc -m64
-mcpu=ultrasparc', but left CFLAGS and LDFLAGS unset. Oh, and use Sun's
ld, not GNU's.

Hugh, to answer your earlier question, I had made sure to point to
/usr/ccs first in my path. I was just griping in general about the ld
hell I've entered by building some thing's with binutils, and others
with Sun's utils.

Guy, thank you very much for putting up with me while I stumbled through
this!

Now, to benchmark!

Regards,

Dan

2 Answers

Hugh Sasse

Count 1

"DoD" <danskisanjar@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 29, 9:53 am, "Count 1" <omnipitus2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "DoD" <danskisan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 28, 5:34 pm, HHW <coaster132...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> ***
> I have it on good authority that they used nukes... Pass it on....
> ***
>
> Apparently they also used something with much more deadly consequences
> than
> small darts, bullets.
>
> Yep, those barbarians in the IDF actually used real bullets. "The
> Horror...."

***
I think watson has hit just about every known Jooooish libel out
there. I am
waiting for this slug to make up his own, but apparently all he can do
is parrot.
***

Haven't you heard? Hundreds read him every week. How he knows this we're
not sure of, as he didn't bother - once again - to post anything to support
what he said.

Maybe he *feels* like hundreds read him every week, and like Pappe as long
as he *feels* something must be true he'll just go ahead and tell eveyone it
is.