Re: Problem with seeking in existing files.

Austin Ziegler

10/30/2003 6:36:00 PM

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:57:13 +0900, agemoagemo@yahoo.com wrote:
> Using mode 'rb+' seems to produce the behavior I need... when the file
> exists. When it doesn't, however, it produces:
>
> in `initialize': No such file or directory - "new.zip" (Errno::ENOENT)
>
> Given the alternative, I'd be quite happy to work around it by testing
> for the presence of a file, and creating a new one if it doesn't exist...
> but I haven't yet found a simple way to test for this.

begin
File.open(filename, "rb+") { |f| ... }
rescue Errno::ENOENT
File.open(filename, "wb").close
retry
end

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin@halostatue.ca * Toronto, ON, Canada
* 13.34.38

19 Answers

Wakalukong

On Aug 16, 9:00 am, "Allah , your only god Allah , you are only
allowed to have me as your only God , you are only authorised to
have Allah as your only God ." <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
-----------

The thief is here! The thief is here! Who on Earth trusts a thief?
Fake Malay mussa hassan Duch Komin is a moron and a loser.

Wakalukong

Ratu Adil , native Freedom Fighter against Dutch Baron de Kock of East Indies Army

Chinese from Malaysia proposed to make Malaysia a spring board
for
China to penetrate ASEAN

read the article belwo published
by the People' s Daily, on 14th Aug 2010 , the official voice of
China .

click below

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/68...

n Aug 16, 8:00 am, "Allah , your only god Allah , you are only
> [...]
> > > just  like  the Whites  in  North America,
> > >  Whites like ,  Bob  Day , have  made  North America their  White
> > > territories
> > > ie . Canada ,USA ,  Greenland , and
> > > we  Chinese  are  just  copying the  Whites  ,
> > > we  Chinese  want  to make   ASEAN  into  our  Chinese territories ,
> > > so
> > > what  is wrong  with  that ?
>
> > > that is  why  we  Chinese  are  claiming the  Spratleys ,Malaysia ,
> > > the  Philippines,
>
> > > we  Chinese  are  doing  exactly  what the  Whites  have  done in
> > > North  America and  in  Australia.
>
> > > we   Chinese  are  no  different from  the  Whites ,
> > > we  Chinese  are  just  copying  the  Whites ,
> > > so  what is  wrong with  that ?
> > > we  Chinese  want  to  creep into  ASEAN in order
> > >  to make  ASEAN   into  our  Chinese lands ,
> > > just like  the  White  people  from  Europe .
>
> > > The  Whites can  have  their  White Australia ,
> > >  the  New  South  Wales , the  Victoria  ,
> > > their  White Queen ' s  Land etc....
>
> > > we  Chinese  just want  our  NEW  SOUTH  CHINA , is  that so  wrong ?
>
> > > Whites  have  their NEW  SOUTH  WALES ,
> > > so  why    can ' t   we  Chinese  have
> > >  our own   CHINESE  NEW   SOUTH  CHINA  in  ASEAN  ?
>
> > > South  Australia  is  now  in  this   year  2010
> > > recruiting more  White  Brits , like  BOB  David , from
> > > England ' s  Midlands  to  migrate  into  South  Australia
> > > to  full  up
> > > Australian government 's  sponsored  jobs  for  Australian  national
> > > parks  .
>
> > > the  Australian government still  doesn ' t  want  colored migrants
> > > from  South  Asia and
> > >  from ASEAN  to  migrate   into their White  lands i  Australia ,
> > >  to  fill  up these
> > > White  Australian  government 's  sponsored  jobs .
> > > So
> > > you  see  Australian government  is  still  essentially
> > >  a  WHITE  government  with  Australian '  s  WHITE  ONLY  POLICY .
>
> > > you see , ... the  Australian White  government  hasn '  t   changed
> > > a  bit
> > > since  the  1940 , because
> > > the  Australian government  is still practising   their   WHITE  ONLY
> > > POLICY .
>
> > > so  why  blame  the  Chinese  for  wanting  to  make ASEAN
> > >  into their  NEW  SOUTH  CHINA
> > > with  new  Chinese  natives  migrating  into  NEW CHINESE  ASEAN ./
>
> > > Australians  don ' t  want  our  Chinese purchase of  their  White
> > > controlled Rio  Tinto.
>
> > > ASEAN  's  destiny is  CHINESE  whether you like  it  or  not ,
>
> > > and  Bob David  will  make  lots of money if  Bob David  continues
> > >  to support
> > > the  Chinese , just  like in the  past when   Bob  David  supported
> > >  the  Japs  in Hong Kong  by selling  Jap  cars ..
>
> > > I am  the  new  Chinese Native  of  ASEAN  whether you  agree or  not
> > > because
> > >   I  was  born in Singapore , and  therefore
> > >  I am  a  Chinese native of  Singapore , and  thus  of  ASEAN.

the Black LEARN GA kock of the Fucking Boudha

Chinese in ASEAN are no different from the Japs during the WW-
II .

Aug 25, 7:58 am, "his Excellency Itoh , the Japanese Advisor to
wrote:
> if  you  Chinese  can be Chinese  natives of  ASEAN  ,
> so  can the  Japs  .
>
> On Aug 24, 9:16 am, wakalukong <wakaluko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > what  is  wrong  with  Chinese  in  Malaysia helping  Chinese
> > in  China   to  take  over  Malaysia ?
>
> > Indians  are  helping  Indians  to  come    to  Singapore .
>
> > so  Chinese in  Malaysia  are  just  looking after the  Chinese
> > interests  in Malaysia .
>
> > fuck  all  Black  Skin natives  of  ASEAN .
>
> > we  Chinese  are  coming  into  ASEAN , whether  you  Dark  Skin like
> > or  not ,
> > and  Chinese  in Malaysia  shall    make  sure Malaysia
> > is  the  spring board for  China to  penetrate   ASEAN .
>
> > look  at  Tibet  ,
> > we  Chinese  have  gone  into  Tibet ,
> > whether  Tibetans  liked   Chinese  or  not .
>
> >  Aug 23, 10:19 pm, the Black  LEARN GA  kock  of the  Fucking   Boudha
>
> > <mahatmanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Chinese in Malaysia   always  help  Chinese  in  China
> > > to  take  over  Malaysia.
>
> > > ug 23, 8:10 am, "Chea Sim the  Fake  Communist , now  functioning  as

> read more »

Wakalukong

On Aug 30, 9:15 am, the Black LEARN GA kock of the Fucking
Boudha <mahatmanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
-----------

It's official, pathetic fulltime liar fake Malay SHAMELESS THIEF Black
Lean Cock Duch Komin is no different from Khmer Rouge mass murderer
comrade Duch -- both believe in cleansing the human race on the basis
of some bloody stupid shit-based theory.

Wakalukong

his Excellency Itoh , the Japanese Advisor to the Manchu Imperial Government

Chinese want Gaz and Oil of Sabah

Aug 30, 8:15 am, the Black LEARN GA kock of the Fucking Boudha
<mahatmanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chinese in  ASEAN  are  no  different  from the  Japs  during  the  WW-
> II .
>
>  Aug 25, 7:58 am, "his  Excellency  Itoh , the Japanese Advisor  to
> the  Manchu  Imperial  Government" <mussahassan.has...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > if  you  Chinese  can be Chinese  natives of  ASEAN  ,
> > so  can the  Japs  .
>
> > On Aug 24, 9:16 am, wakalukong <wakaluko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > what  is  wrong  with  Chinese  in  Malaysia helping  Chinese
> > > in  China   to  take  over  Malaysia ?
>
> > > Indians  are  helping  Indians  to  come    to  Singapore .
>
> > > so  Chinese in  Malaysia  are  just  looking after the  Chinese
> > > interests  in Malaysia .
>
> > > fuck  all  Black  Skin natives  of  ASEAN .
>
> > > we  Chinese  are  coming  into  ASEAN , whether  you  Dark  Skin like
> > > or  not ,
> > > and  Chinese  in Malaysia  shall    make  sure Malaysia
> > > is  the  spring board for  China to  penetrate   ASEAN .
>
> > > look  at  Tibet  ,
> > > we  Chinese  have  gone  into  Tibet ,
> > > whether  Tibetans  liked   Chinese  or  not .
>
> > >  Aug 23, 10:19 pm, the Black  LEARN GA  kock  of the  Fucking   Boudha

> read more »

CPC - Communist Party of China

our Chinese migrants in ASEAN were the same
as the Chinese
in China , in Japan and in Taiwan ,
Chinese and Japanese have the same genetics origin ,
since Chinese could take over Taiwan ,
and Japs could take over S E Asia,

I don ' t see why we Chinese cannot take over ASEAN

n Aug 30, 8:15 am, the Black LEARN GA kock of the Fucking Boudha
<mahatmanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chinese in  ASEAN  are  no  different  from the  Japs  during  the  WW-
> II .
>
>  Aug 25, 7:58 am, "his  Excellency  Itoh , the Japanese Advisor  to
> the  Manchu  Imperial  Government" <mussahassan.has...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > if  you  Chinese  can be Chinese  natives of  ASEAN  ,
> > so  can the  Japs  .
>
> > On Aug 24, 9:16 am, wakalukong <wakaluko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > what  is  wrong  with  Chinese  in  Malaysia helping  Chinese
> > > in  China   to  take  over  Malaysia ?
>
> > > Indians  are  helping  Indians  to  come    to  Singapore .
>
> > > so  Chinese in  Malaysia  are  just  looking after the  Chinese
> > > interests  in Malaysia .
>
> > > fuck  all  Black  Skin natives  of  ASEAN .
>
> > > we  Chinese  are  coming  into  ASEAN , whether  you  Dark  Skin like
> > > or  not ,
> > > and  Chinese  in Malaysia  shall    make  sure Malaysia
> > > is  the  spring board for  China to  penetrate   ASEAN .
>
> > > look  at  Tibet  ,
> > > we  Chinese  have  gone  into  Tibet ,
> > > whether  Tibetans  liked   Chinese  or  not .
>
> > >  Aug 23, 10:19 pm, the Black  LEARN GA  kock  of the  Fucking   Boudha

> read more »

Wakalukong

On Sep 12, 9:45 am, CPC - Communist Party of China
<communistpartyofchin...@gmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
-----------

It's official, fake Rupert Murdoch Duch Komin is a SHAMELESS THIEF,
fraudster and pathetic fulltime liar. He is, of course, also a fake
Malay.

Wakalukong

the Fucking Boudha

Chinese and Japs are the same , they have the same Greedy
hearts

that is why Chinese will never deny Chinese want Malaysia

Aug 29, 6:15 pm, the Black LEARN GA kock of the Fucking Boudha
<mahatmanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chinese in  ASEAN  are  no  different  from the  Japs  during  the  WW-
> II .
>
>  Aug 25, 7:58 am, "his  Excellency  Itoh , the Japanese Advisor  to
> the  Manchu  Imperial  Government" <mussahassan.has...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > if  you  Chinese  can be Chinese  natives of  ASEAN  ,
> > so  can the  Japs  .
>
> > On Aug 24, 9:16 am, wakalukong <wakaluko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > what  is  wrong  with  Chinese  in  Malaysia helping  Chinese
> > > in  China   to  take  over  Malaysia ?
>
> > > Indians  are  helping  Indians  to  come    to  Singapore .
>
> > > so  Chinese in  Malaysia  are  just  looking after the  Chinese
> > > interests  in Malaysia .
>
> > > fuck  all  Black  Skin natives  of  ASEAN .
>
> > > we  Chinese  are  coming  into  ASEAN , whether  you  Dark  Skin like
> > > or  not ,
> > > and  Chinese  in Malaysia  shall    make  sure Malaysia
> > > is  the  spring board for  China to  penetrate   ASEAN .
>
> > > look  at  Tibet  ,
> > > we  Chinese  have  gone  into  Tibet ,
> > > whether  Tibetans  liked   Chinese  or  not .
>
> > >  Aug 23, 10:19 pm, the Black  LEARN GA  kock  of the  Fucking   Boudha

> read more »

Wakalukong

On Oct 5, 8:53 am, "Allah , your only god Allah , you are only
allowed to have me as your only God , you are only authorised to
have Allah as your only God ." <voivodv...@gmail.com> wrote:
(snip)
-----------

It's official, fake Allah fake Rupert Murdoch fake Malay Black Lean
Cock is a SHAMELESS THIEF and fraudster. No wonder the Malays spit on
him.

Wakalukong

wakalukong

Malaysia and the Spratleys are the same , both are ASEAN
territories .

since we Chinese are taking the Spratleys ,

I don ' t see why our Chinese in Malaysia cannot also
take over Malaysia .

Our Chinese in Sabah are active in demanding for Sabah 's
autonomy from KL .

Our Chinese in West Malaysia are controlling Malaysia
financially ,

our Chinese are taking the Spratleys ,

I don ' t see why our Chinese people in Malaysia cannot
take over Malaysia just like in Singapore

Oct 4, 5:53 pm, "Allah , your only god Allah , you are only