Re: Win32OLE again - solved

Steve Tuckner

10/29/2003 7:57:00 PM

You were right! Thank you Thank you Thank you :-) (I am smiling widely).

For some reason the extconf.rb that comes with win32ole generates the CFLAGS
with only /W3 as an option. When I run

> ruby -rmkmf -e 'create_makefile("win32ole2")'

The make file created contains the following options:

CFLAGS = -MD -Zi -O2b2xg- -G6

The one that makes difference is the -MD which enables the use of the
Multi-Threaded Library. It didn't build because it didn't include the
correct libraries that are in the makefile created by extconf.rb. So I just
added /MD to options of that makefile and viola it worked!

I don't have a web site to put the version that works on there, but if you
email me, I will send you the version that works.

If you have Visual C++, then just get Win32Ole and add the options above to
the CFLAGS line of the makefile created by extconf.rb.

Thanks to all for your help!

Steve Tuckner