[Q] Legal for separate threads to do I/O on same socket?

Bill Kelly

I'd like to have one thread doing, essentially, gets() from
a socket, and another thread doing puts() to the same socket.
(Or send/recv... doesn't have to be gets/puts if that makes
a difference...)

Is this legal? If not, would it be legal if the socket handle
were dup'd, giving one to the read thread and the other to the
write thread?

Thanks!

Bill

3 Answers

ltlee1

On Dec 24, 5:02 pm, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dyn-o-saur.com>
wrote:
> ltlee1 in
> <9dbd4afb-1918-4e33-b61d-20bc0dbf9...@m22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com> :
>
> > Yeah. You are right. A reporter taking money to write fake news is
> > practicing journalism. Right?
>
> You have too many bad dreams.

Soory, I forget you don't read American news. From time to time,
American jounalists were found to make up news for various reasons.
Hence journalists not are dictated, controlled and censored by a
regime.per se do automatically means they are dooing journalism.

> Cartoons is absolutely a democratic way in expressing feelings about the
> things that happen and we can laugh about them.
>
> With kind regards,
>
>    Peter
>
> --
> "The CCP carefully staged the unrest in Tibet to deceive the world."
> -- Ruan Ming, former advisor to Chinese Communist Party (CCP) General
> Secretary

skygod

ltlee1 ??????:

> On Dec 24, 9:25 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
>
>>ltlee1 in
>><779d6981-bda5-4a13-9581-db63b80e7...@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com> :
>>

>>>When is journalism no longer jouralism?
>>
>>When the journalists are dictated, controlled and censored by a regime.
>

> Yeah. You are right. A reporter taking money to write fake news is
> practicing journalism. Right?

so far such journalism is not the only journalism, as in Chinkland under
monopolization, it is much more ok than what is happening in Chinkland,
doggy !!!!

rst0wxyz

On Dec 25, 6:29 pm, David Moss <q0320...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au>
wrote:
> ltlee1 <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:9dbd4afb-1918-4e33-b61d-
> 20bc0dbf9...@m22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Dec 24, 9:25 am, Peter Terpstra <pe...@dharma.dnsdojo.org> wrote:
> > Yeah. You are right. A reporter taking money to write fake news is
> > practicing journalism. Right?
>
> I'll let you into a little secret: often the journalist doesn't write the
> story either. Don't tell anyone I told you though ;-)

Yeah, it was written by the CIA to set the public mood.